Star Snacks Co. of Jersey City, NJ is voluntarily recalling two lots of Southern Grove Cashew Halves and Pieces with Sea Salt due to the potential presence of glass pieces. The product was distributed to ALDI stores in the following states: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Mississippi, North Carolina, Nebraska, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington DC., Wisconsin and West Virginia. If you feel confident that you can remove the glass, go ahead and grab these nuts. But if you do, make sure that you are safe from getting cut by the glass. For more information, check here.
The Kroger Co. has recalled Kroger Dessert Cups –Yellow Sponge Cake (6.5 oz., 6 Pack) sold in its retail stores because it contains undeclared milk. This product is being recalled from all stores operating under names Kroger, Owen’s, Pay Less, Scott’s, Gerbes, Ruler Foods, Dillons, Baker’s, Food4Less and Jay C, located in Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia and West Virginia. For more information, check here. Go grab these dessert cups if you can find them, and aren't allergic to milk!
Uncle John’s Pride, LLC., a Tampa, Fla. establishment, is recalling approximately 139,909 pounds of ready-to-eat smoked meat and poultry sausage products that may be contaminated with extraneous materials. The problem was discovered when a metal magnet was found in the beef trim source product of the processed sausage products. These items were shipped to foodservice and retail locations in Alabama, Florida, and Georgia. The following products have been recalled:
- 10-lb. bulk boxes containing 26-28 pieces of “GARCIA BRAND SMOKED SAUSAGE, 9˝” with case code 0-54912-20040-9.
- 10-lb. bulk boxes containing 36-40 pieces of “GARCIA BRAND SMOKED SAUSAGE, 7˝” with case code 0-54912-17020-7.
- 10-lb. bulk boxes containing 26-30 pieces of “GARCIA BRAND BEEF SMOKED SAUSAGE, 9˝” with case code 0-54912-17050-4.
- 1.75-lb. boxed packages of “GARCIA BRAND SMOKED SAUSAGE” with case code 0-54912-20010-2.
- 1.75-lb. boxed packages of “GARCIA BRAND SMOKED HOT SAUSAGE” with case code 0-54912-20050-8.
- 1.75-lb. boxed packages of “GARCIA BRAND CHICKEN SMOKED SAUSAGE” with case code 0-54912-15020-9.
- 1.75-lb. boxed packages of “GARCIA BRAND BEEF SMOKED HOT SAUSAGE” with case code 0-54912-20030-0.
- 1.75-lb. boxed packages of “GARCIA BRAND BEEF SAUSAGE” with case code 0-54912-20020-1.
- 3-lb. boxed packages of “GARCIA BRAND BEEF SMOKED SAUSAGE” with case code 0-54912-21010-1.
- 5-lb. boxed packages of “GARCIA BRAND BEEF SMOKED SAUSAGE” with case code 0-54912-18020-6.
- 10-lb. bulk boxes of “EMA’S BEEF & CHICKEN BREAKFAST SAUSAGE Bulk, Manufactured By: Uncle John’s Pride, LLC” with case code 0-41085-01536-7.
For more information, check here. Since magnets are dangerous to eat, I would only eat this stuff if you feel able to remove the magnets.
McCain Foods USA, Inc. announced today it is voluntarily recalling retail, frozen hash brown products that may be contaminated with extraneous golf ball materials. The impacted products include the following: Roundy’s Brand, 2 lb. Bag of Frozen Southern Style Hash Browns (UPC 001115055019) and Harris Teeter Brand, 2 lb. Bag of Frozen Southern Style Hash Browns (UPC 007203649020). The Roundy’s products were distributed at Marianos, Metro Market, and Pick ‘n Save supermarkets in the states of Illinois and Wisconsin. The Harris Teeter products were distributed in the states of North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, District of Columbia, Delaware, Florida, Georgia and Maryland. For more information, check here. If you don't mind picking out the golf ball bits, go ahead and grab this item.
Reser’s Fine Foods, Inc. of Beaverton, OR is voluntarily recalling 529 cases of 16oz. Reser’s Macaroni Salad because they contain two undeclared allergens: Milk and Soy. The product was sold to grocery retailers and distributors in AL, CO, GA, KS, LA, MD, MO, MS, NY, OK, PA, TX, and WI. The recalled product is called Reser's Macaroni Salad. For more information, check here. Although it is probably too late to find this macaroni salad, if you did grab it, only eat it if you do not have a milk or soy allergy.